‘A Day of Celebrations’
On Saturday 25th June 2022 to mark the completion of the £6.8 million Fraserburgh 2021 project we had a day of celebrations. It was a day to celebrate the built heritage of Fraserburgh with an exhibition in the Faithlie Centre and storytellers set around the town, bringing the history of Fraserburgh. We also launched our town trail app so why not explore the town at your own leisure with the Foot Steps Through Fraserburgh App.
Starting at 10:00 am the days events included.
- Aberdeenshire Council Provost Whyte will officially opens the ‘Day of Celebrations’ at the The Faithlie Centre
- The Faithlie Centre hosts a ‘Before and After’ exhibition, Fraserburgh pupils ‘Hidden Histories’ artwork display, Thomas Blake Glover and the Enterprise Hub will be open to explore
- Storytelling with Baron Baillie Chalmers at The Faithlie Centre
- Unveiling of the Glover statue and opening of the Garden at Glover’s Birthplace on Commerce Street
- Temperance Fountain switch on – pick up your Fraserburgh 2021 re-usable water bottle and be one of the first to fill your bottle from the restored historic fountain
- Storytelling with women of the temperance movement at the Temperance Fountain
- Storytelling with Mrs Blake Glover at Glover’s Birthplace on Commerce Street
- Storytelling with Baron Baillie Chalmers at Anderson House
- Storytelling with the wife of Alexander Fraser at The Saltoun Mausoleum.
The Penny Schoolie - a Lesson in Looking after our Historic Buildings
Fraserburgh 2021 has made one of its first small grant awards aimed at restoring the exteriors of traditi…
Scottish Design Awards 2020 - Faithlie Centre Wins!
We're delighted to announce that the restoration of the Faithlie Centre by Moxon Architects Ltd has been …
A Fresh New Business for our Restored Shopfront!
We're very excited to see this waste-conscious start-up taking place behind the restored Gilbert Noble sh…