The site where number 15, Commerce Street (Thomas Blake Glovers former home) was originaly situated had sat vacant and underused ever since its final remains were swept away following the devastating bombing of 1943. The only identification of the importance of the site a ‘Blue Plaque’ situated on the wall.
The site was and is owned by Michaal Mennie who was a huge advocate for the project and the main driver behind the idea to develop the site in to a memorial garden and public space to pay homage to Fraserburgh’s famous son.
A few photos of where we started.
The Penny Schoolie - a Lesson in Looking after our Historic Buildings
Fraserburgh 2021 has made one of its first small grant awards aimed at restoring the exteriors of traditi…
Scottish Design Awards 2020 - Faithlie Centre Wins!
We're delighted to announce that the restoration of the Faithlie Centre by Moxon Architects Ltd has been …
A Fresh New Business for our Restored Shopfront!
We're very excited to see this waste-conscious start-up taking place behind the restored Gilbert Noble sh…