9-11 Frithside Street
Built in the early 19th century for Lewis Chalmers, Bailie of Fraserburgh (1811-1848) the property is thought to have been designed by Archibald Simpson one of the most influential Architects of his day. It is category A listed by Historic Environment Scotland which means it is protected as a building of national significance. For more information on the history of this building, click here –Anderson House
There were comprehensive works to conserve the exterior of this building including extensive repairs to the roof and chimney heads, including the installation of protective bird netting. The decorative cast iron railings were repaired and replaced in sections. New limestone flags installed at portico and ground level. Extensive timber repairs and some replacement windows. The roof works in particular were essential for the ongoing preservation of the building.
Architect – NB Planning and Architecture
Engineer – Fairhurst
Main Contractor – Ricky Ross Building and Roughcasting
During and After
The Penny Schoolie - a Lesson in Looking after our Historic Buildings
Fraserburgh 2021 has made one of its first small grant awards aimed at restoring the exteriors of traditi…
Scottish Design Awards 2020 - Faithlie Centre Wins!
We're delighted to announce that the restoration of the Faithlie Centre by Moxon Architects Ltd has been …
A Fresh New Business for our Restored Shopfront!
We're very excited to see this waste-conscious start-up taking place behind the restored Gilbert Noble sh…